|Qualification title:||FSBL Level 6 Extended Diploma in Global Teaching Practice (TELLAL Institute)|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/6815/9|
|Progression routes:||Can progress to a FSBL Level 7 qualification; university; or into employment in an associated profession.|
|Availability:||UK and international|
|Next Qualification Review date:||10/11/2023|
These qualifications have been created for learners who wish to become fully qualified as compulsory education teachers.
These Level 6 Diplomas offer an opportunity for career development. Many private sector employers generally require this level of qualification or at least a commitment to gain this upon employment.
These teaching qualifications cover most curriculum areas within education. The qualifications are for learners who:
- work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the compulsory school education sector;
- are pre-service and in-service learners who need a teaching qualification to confirm occupational competence for their role as a teacher;
- are learners who teach in industry.
- Principles of Teaching and Learning Theory and Practice
- Developing Evidence-Based Global Teaching Practice
- Professional Placement
- Arabic Language Pedagogy
- Early Years Pedagogy
- Moral Education
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
The overall learning outcomes of the qualifications cover the knowledge and skills required by teachers in the school education sector, this includes:
- theories, principles and models in education and training, such as in relation to learning, communication, assessment, curriculum development and evaluation and how to apply them to their own practice;
- teaching, learning and assessment in education and training, such as roles, responsibilities and relationships, using initial and diagnostic assessment to agree individual learning goals with learners, planning and delivering inclusive teaching, creating and maintaining a safe, inclusive teaching and learning environment and assessing learning;
- understanding professionalism and the influence of professional values in education and training, the policy context of education and training, the impact of accountability to stakeholders and external bodies on education and training, the organisational context of education and training and how to contribute to the quality improvement and quality assurance arrangements of an organisation.
These qualifications are aimed at graduates and have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. However, candidates must meet local regulatory requirements. Entry to the qualification will be through centre application and interview. Learners will be assessed on an individual basis.
Candidates must have an undergraduate degree in a relevant curriculum subject. They must also have attained IELTS Academic 6.0 (a minimum of 6 in reading and writing and 5.5 in speaking and listening). In addition, they must have attained TELLAL Skills Test in maths, English and science (pass) plus specialist subject knowledge assessment that is specific to the route that the candidate has chosen.