|Qualification title:||FSBL Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification (Higher Education)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/4139/7|
|Progression routes:||Level 6 University Degree (Top-Up) course or directly into employment in an associated profession.|
|Availability:||UK and International|
|Next Qualification Review date:||20/02/2021|
The qualification has been created to develop and reward those learners who are looking to or already have chosen a career in a business-related sector. We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors. The Diploma is accredited at Level 5 with a total equivalence of 120 credits. It is envisaged that learners completing this Level 5 programme will progress to a university Level 6 Top-Up programme in the risk management field.
- Digital Investigations and Forensics
- Communications and Incident Management
- Strategic Leadership
- Understand key cryptographic principles and modes.
- Understand the standards, regulations and laws that apply to business and government organisations in relation to encryption.
- Understand the core principles of digital investigations.
- Apply the types of tools that support professional digital investigations at a strategic level.
- Plan for an investigations and forensics teams.
- Understand the physical and human resources required to manage a major suspected cyber security incident.
- Apply Business Continuity Management to major incident planning and response.
- Understand the role of senior leaders and strategic leadership.
- Evaluate the management streams and performance monitoring mechanisms that relate to information security.
- Understand how data protection legislation impacts considerations of strategy-setting and strategic leadership.
- Learners who possess qualifications at Level 4 and/or;
- Learners who have some technical and risk management work experience in a computing or
security business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- Learners who possess a Level 5 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their
careers in cyber security and/or risk management.
Find out more about this course
Sign up for our newsletter for Latest Updates on our Online Courses and Scholarships.