|Qualification title:||FSBL Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) (The TEFL Academy)|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/3835/0|
|Progression routes:||A pathway to study for a higher level of qualification in teaching and/or linguistics|
|Availability:||UK and international|
|Next Qualification Review date:||30/11/2021|
The Qualification has been created to contribute to the professionalism of the global TEFL industry. The programme is designed to develop the academic and professional skills and qualities needed to begin a career as an EFL teacher.
The Level 5 programme will require learners to gain a sufficient understanding of language systems and commonly used teaching approaches to embark on a career in TEFL. The qualification will enable learners to become independent, novice teachers with the tools to plan appropriate lessons and courses for their students without support if necessary. The optional (unaccredited) short follow on courses allow our learners to select a teaching specialisation if they wish to.
- An Introduction to Lesson Planning
- Teaching English Vocabulary
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Understanding English Grammar
- Teaching Receptive Skills: Listening and Reading
- Teaching Productive Skills: Speaking and Writing
- Teaching English Grammar
- History of the English Language and English Language Teaching
- Teaching Materials and Aids and Classroom Management Strategies
- The Effective use of Resources for TEFL
- Understand the rules of English language and how to convey these in a foreign language classroom.
- Understand the nature of foreign language skills and how to develop them.
- Understand and apply basic standard teaching procedures appropriately.
- Select, design, and review their own teaching materials and lesson plans appropriate to specific teaching situations.
- Demonstrate their ability to work independently.
- Improve their own employability through developing their awareness of the relationship between learner needs and the practical application of teaching methodology in the language classroom.
This qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. There are no entrance requirements.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is recommended.