|Qualification title:||FSBL Level 4 Diploma in Cyber Security|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/3331/5|
|Progression routes:||FSBL Level 5 Diploma|
|Availability:||UK and International|
|Next Qualification Review date:||31/05/2021|
This qualification has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose or already have chosen a career in a business-related sector. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors. The rationale of the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cyber security and risk management sector. The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognised UK qualification, is for learners to develop the cyber security skills required by organisations globally. In doing so, the qualification looks to develop the cyber security team leaders, managers and leaders of the future through the creation and delivery of learning appropriate for that industry.
- Cyber Security Threat and Risk
- Network Security and Data Communications
- Database Security and Computer Programming
- Incident Response, Investigations and Forensics
- Security Strategy: Laws, Policies and Implementation
- Cyber Security Threats and Risk: Banking and Finance
- Cyber Wars
- The ability to read and utilise relevant technical and security literature (including threat intelligence feeds) with a full understanding; the ability to think independently and solve potential overarching cyber security issues within a business or organisation.
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems in the cyber security and digital risk management domains.
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct, including in relation to conducting investigations, audits and incident responses.
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of cyber security within business and service provision and wider operating environments and supply chains.
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way; engage in credible debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists in relation to cyber security related issues and challenges.
- Transferable skills and knowledge – including Project Management and Incident Response – which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks.
- Motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
- Instil and embed a sense of understanding and respect of the global nature of the cyber threat environment; as well as the criticality of respecting, anticipating and learning from diverse, international business practices and the global operating context.
- Qualifications at Level 3 and/or;
- Some technical and risk management experience in a computing or security business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- A Level 4 qualification in another discipline and who want to develop their careers in cyber security.
Find out more about this course
Sign up for our newsletter for Latest Updates on our Online Courses and Scholarships.