|Qualification title:||FSBL Level 4 Diploma in Chinese Culinary Arts Management|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification (Higher Education)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/5188/3|
|Progression routes:||FSBL Level 5 Diploma OR directly into employment in an associated profession|
|Availability:||UK and International|
|Next Qualification Review date:||06/10/2022|
This qualification has been created for learners who wish to develop their Chinese cooking and culinary skills within the catering sector. The qualification provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides a breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required for Chinese cooking. It also allows specialist development through the units.
We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential, but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors. The Diploma is accredited at Level 3. The programme has a total equivalence of 85 credits.
- Understanding Chinese and Asian Food and Beverage Business Operating Models
- Managing People Through the Empowerment of Teams
- Creating a Customer Centred Culture
- Leadership and Management Within a Performance Centred Culture
- Chinese Food and Beverage Service Management
- Chinese Culinary Master Skills and Kitchen Management
- Mastering the Art of Sugar Sculpture
- Mastering the Art of Chinese Dough Modelling
- The importance of business value and objectives.
- The need for performance targets and how these are commonly developed.
- How trends are incorporated into forecasting.
- How a financial strategy is prepared, including the risks, constraints and implications for policies.
- The financial data required to support decision making and forecasting in a hospitality business.
- The concepts of regularity and propriety, and the need for financial accountability.
- The diverse target markets of hospitality businesses.
- The purpose of market research.
- The importance of having a clear strategy for the business.
- The principles and purpose of a contingency plan.
- The content and importance of a risk management policy.
- The principles of effective risk management.
- The content and importance of a people strategy.
- The principles of recruitment, induction and performance management, including supporting documentation and procedures such as job and person specifications.
- The principles of effective listening, feedback and evaluation of team performance.
- Principles of effective communication.
- Factors upon which customers measure performance and satisfaction.
- Principles of measuring customer satisfaction and planning for improvements.
- Legal and regulatory framework covering the hospitality industry.
- Legal and ethical principles governing marketing in the sector.
- The difference between perception, reputation and performance.
- Leadership styles, their selection and application in a number of contexts.
- Principles of motivation.
- Principles of effective change management.
- Principles of empowerment of team members.
- Principles of matching food and beverages.
- Maximising profit through sales of food and beverages.
- Effective management of resources, and operations.
- Effective management of food and beverage service equipment and stock.
- Advance skills development in the subjects of Chinese Culinary Arts.
- Sugar craft techniques.
- Advanced Dough Modelling.
- Level 3 qualification with Hospitality and Catering and/or;
- Learners who possess a level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in venue management and Chinese cooking;
- Level 3 Diploma in Chinese Culinary Arts;
- Learners who have work experience in a business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals.
Find out more about this course
Sign up for our newsletter for Latest Updates on our Online Courses and Scholarships.