|Qualification title:||FSBL Level 2 Diploma in Care|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/5128/7|
|Progression routes:||Gain employment as a Healthcare Assistant/Support Worker or Adult Care Worker/Personal Assistant OR progress onto the FSBL Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care OR progress onto the Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.|
|Availability:||UK and International|
|Next Qualification Review date:||08/09/2022|
The aim of the Level 2 Diploma in Care is to confirm occupational competence for Adult Care Workers or Healthcare Support Workers. This qualification is vocationally based and as such, offers the opportunity for learners to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to be an Adult Care Worker in an adult care setting or a Healthcare Assistant; Support Worker or Personal Assistant in a healthcare support environment.
- Communication in Care Settings
- Duty of Care
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Care Settings
- Handle Information in Care Settings
- Health, Safety and Well-Being in Care Settings
- Implement Person-Centred Approaches
- Personal Development in a Care Setting
- Responsibilities of a Care Worker
- Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings
- Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Understand the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Assist in the Administration of Medication
- Contribute to Support of Positive Risk-taking for Individuals
- Contribute to Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare
- Promote Positive Behaviour Support
- Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Understand Mental Health Problems
- Understand Mental Well-being and Mental Health Promotion
- Enable Individuals to Develop Strategies to Manage Behaviour
- Support Independence in the Tasks of Daily Living
- Understand How to Support Individuals to be Part of a Community
- Understand the Impact of Acquired Brain Injury on Individuals
- Provide career path support to learners who wish to develop their management skills, enterprise capabilities and opportunities in their chosen sector.
- Improve learner understanding of any given business environments and organisations and how they are managed and developed.
- Develop skills and abilities in learners to support their professional development.
- Apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills.
- Develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues.
- Use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways.
- Make use of relevant information from different sources.
- The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to the qualifications will be through centre interview and learners must be in a position to demonstrate the requirements of the qualification and have access to required assessment opportunities and relevant resources.
- Centres should undertake initial assessment activities with learners to ensure this is an appropriate qualification and they are capable of achieving the level they will be studying at before enrolling them onto a programme of learning.
Find out more about this course
Sign up for our newsletter for Latest Updates on our Online Courses and Scholarships.